Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference -- Successful Beginnings


Hi,
So.... This week, things have gone pretty well.... Great in fact. "P" started to progress this week...he talked to his wife about going to church. She wasn't all that happy about it and we just found this out. He told us he did a lot of reading from the BOM. I was surprised actually. I had gone over there to exhort him one last time to read and come to church, and then we were going to try and check back in a month or so. But, he actually followed through with it. It was sweet, and he even told us when he wanted to meet with us rather than wait for us to ask. It looks like he might just keep going until he gets baptized...I hope so.

"D" (from Nepal) this week accepted a baptismal date and then expressed his desire to have us continue to really help him get an answer to the Book of Mormon. I was pretty stoked to say the least. Unfortunately, Elder Slade didn't think it would be a good idea to do a chest bump after the teach....lol. But that's how I was feeling. The french guy this week slowed down a little bit with his reading, and told us how he wants to read the whole BOM before he gets baptized. But luckily, he still knows that our meetings are to lead to baptism and is willing to continue.

What else.... We also found a legally blind investigator this week. An older mummo. She is quite old, but would like to hear the gospel so we will see how it goes from there.

General conference was great. There were some really powerful talks given. Some I especially needed to hear. I especially liked Elder Holland's talk (thanking those who helped him). It was good for me to hear all of the things I can work on in my life. As for our sleeping arrangements, we stayed in Kuopio both nights.... Saturday and Sunday. The bus ride was long, but I didn't get one letter off. I got nauseous and slept so that it didn't get worse....both ways....so no long letters. Sorry, I'll try to record a tape today and send it to you this week instead. I think the tapes are better anyway. Oh, we had 6 missionaries there: Pond, Gorringe, Slade, me, Ranzenburger, and Watson.

Elder Slade will finish his mission in about 3 months - just after Christmas. I think he decided to extend a little bit. Oh, and I did see Elder Ballam a couple of weeks ago. It was weird seeing someone from the neighborhood and high school here in Finland, but a good weird. He said Logan is still the same...lol.

Well ,thats about it. I love you all and hope you have a good week. I'm still praying for you all.
love, Trev

P.S. Good luck re-habbing your fingers, dad.... and linda, remember what Elder Scott said about becoming something--- consistency is the key... that is for your new diet....lol...sorry i'm a tease. Thanks for the pictures and the video of kate...

News about Finland's education this week: http://www.educationnation.com/index.cfm?objectid=D802BA36-CC33-11DF-8853000C296BA163

No comments:

Post a Comment