Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/10 4 Changes with Elder Slade!

Hey family,
Well as it turns out the unthinkable happened. Elder Slade and I stayed in Savonlinna. So we will be here for another 5 weeks.... 4 changes, that's the longest I've ever been with someone. Yeah, I did get your package. Thanks for the razors and the gum. I am on my last razor head, and they are really expensive here in Europe for some reason. Anyways, thanks also for the tape. I enjoyed it quite a lot and am going to try and get one back off to you in response to some things you asked on it.

As for pictures and stuff, I am also sending with the tape my SD card with all of my photos for the past while. Sorry, if I didn't take a lot of photos, but it seems not a whole lot happened that was picture worthy. I took some funny ones of Elder Slade on it ......so have fun laughing.
Wow, I can't believe that Brandon Johnson and Jordan Call have gotten their calls already. It just doesn't seem like they should leave before I get home. Weird how everyone sort of freezes in your mind when you leave.

The new coat that I found is from a missionary, so its all good. It doesn't look great but it is warm and good for missionary work. We haven't had any reports about a break out of bed bug here in Finland. ...Nor do I think we will. For some reason, Finland doesn't have too many problems, I blame the government. Either way you don't need to worry.

So you got Jason to say he would play the violin after I got home? how did you get him to do that? I suspect you bribed him with a car or something. (Trevor knows Jason all too well. lol That is exactly what he tried to get out of us.) All the same though, I would like to hear him play for the family or something. Gosh, I miss playing the violin even just a little, maybe I'll play something for myself upon returning.

This week, we have had some well "let downs" happen to us. Our investigator, "B" is really dragging his feet, so we are going to back off him for a while. ...you know, a week or two at the most. He just doesn't seem to want to come to church at all. It seems that has been the big clincher for all of my investigators, coming to church. Anyway and sadly, our other investigator family that we found is also on the back burner. They told us that they didn't want to be re-baptised. But at least we did what we are out here to do....offer people the gospel and invite them to come unto Christ.

Another thing that happened this week is that we got in contact with a less active member that moved into our area. She is super cool, and is going to meet with us in the next week or so. Yeah!! Some less active activation action. lol. and lastly this week, I went to visit some ill members at their homes and the hospital. I was fortunate to have the experience of giving a preisthood blessing to one of them, and it was a neat experience for me. The details aren't important but ...normally I am nervous about these sort of things. But this time ,I felt really calm and assured that I would be able to speak the words I needed to. In fact, I was able to be calm enough that when a nurse walked in I didn't have to pause or anything. Truly the Lord does speak through men today. I was sure glad for that tender mercy this week, and thought you would like to know.

Well, I'm off to find the elect. Hope you are enjoying the last of fall. Love you all, Trev

Side Note: Elder Slade's mom said that he was extending his mission call until Jan 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment