Monday, October 11, 2010

10/11/10 Habaneras, Free Coat and District Conf

Hi Family,

Well so far this week things have some changes.... "D" had his restaurant fall through, when he tried to buy it. So he moved down to another city where he has another restaurant. Did I tell you that he had said yes to being baptised last week? Anyway, so last last Friday, he committed to a baptism, and then the next Tuesday, he was gone, out of our hands. He is still going to meet with other missionaries down south though so all seems good. The older lady we were trying to teach has Alzheimer’s possibly and so we can't teach her either. She doesn't remember who we are from one week to the next. But hey thats ok, I'm sure she will remember who the missionaries are in the spirit world.

I also got to go to Kuopio again this week for district conference. It was really good, and I learned a lot about faith and how to use my faith better. One particular thing that I learned about was how we need to have our faith in correct principles in order to tap into Heavenly fathers power. I was able to speak with President Brown in my interview with him. I always like being able to have some one on one time with him so that I can ask some questions.

Lastly... today, I tried some habaneras. We used them in some tacos we were eating for lunch. Luckily, the one we used wasn't too hot, but it did suprise me at first. So put that one down for things I have now tried. Have any of you tried those before? lol.

So, a coat? Well the funny thing is.... I found one. It's not anything great, but it seems like it would be warm. Another missionary left it behind when he left the country. I thought I would just use that one for the next winter as well as my two jackets if needed for extra warmth.
How much was the black coat that you found? If it's a good deal then I might agree to take it. The thing is though, I 've now got a good warm coat that is free and I can just buy a new one if I want when I get back. It might just be smarter to not buy a new one. What do you think?
Thanks for looking out for me. If I hadn't found this coat, then I would have needed that black one. Last winter was a little cold with just two coats. lol.

Also for my package ....FYI, you don't have to add in candy. I feel like I've got too much candy. lol. but I'm glad to hear that you are sending the pack of razors, gum, and the voice tape. I've been waiting to hear that tape.:) Well thats about all for this week, but thanks for the emails and prayers. I love you all, and miss you too.

love, Trev

P.S. How are your fingers recovering Nathan? Plus thanks for the pictures. They are sweet.
P.P.S. FYI, I am applying for a drivers license this next week.... so it may be about 100 dollars coming out of my acct. The mission reimburses some of the fee though. Gosh, I feel like I've spent a lot lately. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment