Monday, September 27, 2010

9/27/10 French, Nepal and A "Billet"

Savonlinna Lake at Sunset

Hey family,
Well this week has been the best in a while. Well, some success in the work. So this week, we meet with our new investigator by the name of "B". That's French for "welcome". Anyway, this is the guy that we met forever ago and gave him a French Book of Mormon. He was the one who ended up reading half of it and is still going. Crazy. But we needed a couple of supplies in French, and also, we needed to find some time when he could meet. Thus, it took so long to start meeting or teaching him. So, really we are just working with him and helping him start to pray about the BoM so that he can get his answer. Our other investigator from last week, "D", the Finnish/English speaking Nepalanese man. He came to church, and it was great. He even brought his friend who was visiting him for the weekend. I was soooo surprised. So right now, he is still at the same point as "B", looking for his answers from Heavenly Father. So we are just sitting pretty so to speak at the moment. They are on track, and we are still trying hard to find some more people.

Annikin lane...reminded him of Star Wars

So, your adventures have sounded pretty awesome. I would have loved to go to the car show and check the Bugatti Veyron out. Oh well, I'm doing more important things here. AND, I will be watching General conference in Kuopio probably this next week. We are staying with the district leader, and having a "billet!!!"... that's a party. No, not really we will be behaving ourselves. But, both me and Elder Slade are super excited to go to gen. conf. I don't remember being this excited ever for gen. conf. to roll around..... odd how the mission will affect that.
Also, the new rims ought to look pretty good. Send me a picture if you get a chance when you get them on the Jeep. Thanks. Good luck with your fingers this week. I hope you get all five back, too. And remember, I am praying for those fingers, as well as the whole family's safety. Thanks for your support.

love, Trev

P.S. That was a really cool idea to send me Emily's mission blog from the last week. If that is a regular thing, let me know. I would like to keep updated.... if not, no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment