Monday, July 26, 2010

Using Time Wisely/10 yrs No Baptisms

Dear Family,

OK… so update quick. I have been busting my butt this week. lol. I do every week…. it feels like. But this past week, me and Elder Slade have been doing the little extra that we can. We had a "using time wisely" district meeting so ... we were trying to do all the little extra stuff. Paying extra attention to how we could use time more effectively. So we did a lot of knocking doors and it actually payed off. We got some interested people to set up appointments with us this week. So yeah, I could really use some extra prayers this week to help us find some more people and to help us teach these people. I don't know if I told you about the ward here.... but suffice it to say that they haven't had a baptism in Savonlinna for 10+ years. We don't even have record …it’s been that long. So... we are really trying to break the cycle….thus the extra prayers needed. Thank you.

So yeah this week we have been still working with our only investigator, “P”. He hasn't been doing so well this past week with anything we told him to do like reading the BoM. But this week, we asked him if he will get baptized to see actually how serious he is. He told us that he would most likely get baptized but that it would just take a long time. That’s the Fins for you. Still though, it’s great that he sees the end goal of investigating. So we have been just been working with him, trying to get him to move along. Thanks for the package... I will look forward to it this next week, and I am glad that you got the tape.

Question... why is dad swapping to 10 hour days.? I think he'll like it. I loved having Fridays off. It just makes life easier with a longer week end. Tell me how he likes it.

I was quite amused to hear that Emily texted you for a “1/2 way mark congrats” because I wasn’t there. lol. Well, I'm glad she is still staying in contact with the family. I bet that is something you (Linda) are liking almost as much as me..;)

oh and yeah I didn't get a new companion.…still the same….Elder Slade.
I'm glad to hear that Jason was able to feel the spirit at the camp. I remember the APTC activities being quite boring sometimes and not totally fun…. not to mention cheesy. But I do remember the spirit making up for it, and being glad for that. In fact, I remember having the “runs” one day because of the chili, but the spirit made up for that too. Lol I'll try to send him a letter sometime soon. Maybe get it off this week or at least by the next one. Oh and would you tell him “good luck” on the golf tryouts for me this week. I'm afraid I won't be able to tell him myself.
Ok well, love you all and hope to see you in a year ;) long time....
Trev

PS Thanks for the cool pictures.

1 comment:

  1. What!! Of course there was a baptism! Markku Käyhkö was baptized 21.6.2003- I was there! It was in the Sininen Talo at Sister Kosmo's house and I don't know why they don't have a record of it, but I have pictures as well as a program to prove it- so someone needs to update a record! So it's been 7 years since there has been a baptism. That's still sad.

    ReplyDelete