Monday, July 19, 2010

7/19/10 Tracting Grandmas

Hey, so let’s see…. this week I have been doing various things. This week started off looking really promising for our investigators and other people. Elder Slade and I had a whole bunch of appointments set up for the evenings. Practically every day, we had something going on…whether it was a teach or just something that was good… like a service project. On Tuesday, we found this older woman and started to teach her. She was really interested when we first got there, and almost right away welcomed us in. It was too good to be true..... and… it sort of was. Unfortunately, she was a little senile and didn't remember what we had talked to her about. So, that’s how the story went this week.

Some good news is that I did get to do a little bit of teaching this week. I wasn't completely just knocking doors all day. We had another older woman ( I don't know why grandmothers are so easy to get a teaching appointment) who was this time, sane. But she wasn't at all interested in searching out another church besides the Lutheran one. It reminded me of something Nathan had said in an email…”That a lot of the time people just won't change even if they know the church was true, because they have been so long in one religion and the culture is against it.” It was really quite the way with this woman. But she said she would pray about what we said, and I am going to call back in a couple of days to see how it went.

Other than that we had a service project with that less active who has a drinking problem. We ended up cleaning his apartment to help him repaint it. That was about my week.

As for the package not being sent off, don't worry about it. I should be staying here in Savonlinna just because I'm quite new in this area. As for Elder Slade, I'm not sure. He could be staying one more change, or he could leave next Tuesday. Yeah, this Saturday is change calls.
Did you get my tape I sent last week? It should be coming soon if not. I put a whole bunch of stuff on it that has happened in the past while. Well that’s about all for this week. Thanks for the updates and all. I hope Jason likes APTC…. it is a great place to feel the spirit and really enjoy it.

Love Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment