Monday, July 5, 2010

Savonlinna News

Trevor at Savonlinna Castle Hey Family,

So yeah, first off, I got your package on this week's mission tour. We had Elder Causse of the 70 come to visit us and teach us just like we would have had a zone conference. It was pretty sweet to be able to get some more advice from a 70. Anyway, Elder May actually got the package like last Monday, but didn't let me know because he wanted it to be a surprise. lol. So I got both your letters and the card converter. I'll try to send some picts this week via email.

Lets see. the branch here has about 20 members, but they are all quite old. There is, however, one young family that is quite active in church and they pretty much run all of the sacrament meeting because they have all of the young preisthood... AND the father is the first counselor. By the way, our bishop is missing in action. He is moving away after his long summer vacation so..... this means that whenever the first counselor is gone Elder Slade is the bishop in a sense. We've been making some jokes up because of this. I 'm not too sure if they had me turn my drivers license in when I got a new one....so just don't worry about finding it. If it wasn't easy to find then its not at home. ... I actually had some of my stuff arranged when I left-- so it shouldn't have been too hard to find. I really don't need it anyway.... thanks for trying though.

Wow, Jason sang this week all by himself in church and you didn't have to coerce him? That is a really awesome thing. Tell him that is how you get all the girls, by singing.;) I sure hope that he can get his patriarchal blessing sometime soon. It should really help him in the immediate future. At least it did for me. well.

As for the drunk guy, we dropped him this last week because he couldn't be un-drunk when we went over. Sadly it's just not worth trying to teach him if he isn't in the right shape.

New email after 1st one: um, this week I've mainly just had the mission conference and travel. It was like 3 days of travel. Also this week, I was able to teach an old investigator. She is an older lady who has a grandson with bone cancer. She is really glad to have us over when she isn't busy or taking care of her grandson. I don't really know what will become of her in the next while, but I guess we will see. Also fyi, I am going to try to send you a tape that will tell about the last couple of weeks so that I can catch you all up in detail. Hopefully, I can get this off soon. Well, I have to go for now... . thanks for the prayers and faith in me. I sure hope that this week you all have a fun time.

Love Trev

ps. I am going to try to send a sd card to you all asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment