Monday, February 1, 2010

Transfers? and A Baptism

Dear Family,

Wow, it sounds like a very busy week. Thanks for letting me know what has been going on. It looks like Kate is growing so fast that she will be speaking more fluently in English than I will be able to in Finnish by the time I return. It was very sad to hear about Uncle Barrie's death. Cancer can be so tough. And also, it sounds like the ecconomy hasn't improved much since I left home. 420 layoffs is a lot of people. But i am glad to hear that you don't have to worry about that too much, Dad. Sounds like jason is doing well...parties and all. :) So, I take it you got all of the last touches on the basement done. I wish I could have been there to help you with all of that. Also I would like to thank you for having me help you with the house projects, I really enjoyed learning how to do all of those around the house. Even though the only thing I used those skills for was putting a bed together.

Umm, lets see..I have about 7-8 hours of sunlight now, not really all that direct but its getting lighter now. I am also starting to understand what is being said in conversations and now talks in church, so that is really nice to be able to do that. This being said, however, I can't particularly SAY a whole lot still. Hopefully I will get there before I am moved into a senior companion position. P is doing well. We moved up his baptism to this Saturday! I can't wait. Also, just thought I would let you know, I was asked to give P the Holy Ghost on Sunday. So we will see how well I can do that with my Finnish abilities. Oh, and T isn't really wanting to meet with us anymore, but we will try to stay in contact with her every now and then to see. Sadly, she doesn't realize how important it is to be baptized. Hopefully her testimony of the Book of Mormon will keep her going.

I will let you know if I am transfered next Monday, and it might be best to send stuff next week when I find out. Well I hope you all are doing well and that you are having fun without me... I'll talk to you all next week and, Mom, thank you for your testimony.

love, Trevor

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trevor,

    Keep practicing your language and talk to kids as much as possible. I found them easier to understand and they taught me a lot about Spanish. Hope this helps you too.

    Very neat to hear about Perttu. I am sure you will do fine when you confirm him a member on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete