Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1st Transfer -- "Kaikkein Siirtää"

Dear Family,

This last week went well. Yes...Saturday, P was baptized and Sunday, I confirmed him a member! I practiced all week for the confirmation, and it really wasn't that hard. I just had to brush up on some of the kinds of word that are used in blessings. soo, I am making a tape for you all with more details so that you all can get more details. But it is so wonderful to see the change in his life that the gospel brings.

And yup, I got changed (transferred) for the first time. I have been moved to Seinäjoki. It is a smaller town, just east of Vaasa. My new companion is Elder Bradshaw. He seems like a great guy, so I'm sure we will have some good experiences here. I'm sure I will see Jordan Ballam when he gets here. I am still quite northward in the mission. Maybe I 'll get transfered closer to the mission home by the time he arrives in Finland. Let me know when he goes into the MTC.

Thanks for the pictures. Umm, it sounds like Jason and everyone is doing well. Well, I'll try and let you know how Seinäjoki and the work is going next week.
Love, Trevor

PS Trains with three bags and a bike is killer!!! I had 2 ten minute train changes on the way here. Oh and could I send some stuff home that I don't want to tote around? Like clothes I thought I would use ...like my blue coat. lol. BTW, you were right. I'll try and send something soon.

Seinäjoki is a city located in Southern Ostrobothnia, Finland. Seinäjoki originated around the Östermyra bruk iron and gunpowder factories founded in 1798. Seinäjoki became a municipality in 1868, market town in 1931 and town in 1960. In the beginning of 2009, the neighbouring municipalities of Nurmo and Ylistaro were consolidated with Seinäjoki. The Town library, Lakeuden Risti church and central administrative buildings are designed by Alvar Aalto.

Seinäjoki is known for hosting three large summer events: "Tangomarkkinat", which is a tango festival attracting more than 100,000 visitors annually, Vauhtiajot, which is a motor racing event with music and Provinssirock, which is the biggest rock festival in Finland.

http://www.seinajoki.fi/english/

No comments:

Post a Comment