Tuesday, October 27, 2009

News from Vanhin Henderson

This is part of Trevor's companion's letter:

Dear Family,

We have been working smarter and smarter this past week. Slowing down is one of the hardest, very most humbling experiences. I want to go go go and just go, but that is not how the Lord works. Our language study is interesting because there are so many words with patterns and conjugations and rules. Finnish words can mean many different things and it depends on how we use them that determines the definitions. Just as in life, how we decide to live and learn determines largely the happiness that will come to pass in the future and coming days.

We are working hard on doing things at a wiser pace and more sound. I have to tell you about this old lady that is in our ward. She is 87 and the first member in Kajaani. I love to just sit by her and talk to her because she just loves it. She can't hear or see well so I speak very slow and clearly. She is a pearl. My companion is doing well, I love him! He is working hard to get fundamentals down and building a foundation of teaching. Kajaani is getting freezing, I must say I don't remember Finland being this cold when I was here last winter. You just have to laugh and peddle faster. I thank you all for the prayers and faith. I hope to accomplish what I am here to accomplish. I hope to stand back and see the Lord's hand at work.
Rakkaudella, Love, Vanhin Henderson

1 comment:

  1. Wow.
    I am impressed.
    What an amazing person Trevor gets to work with!

    ReplyDelete