Monday, October 12, 2009

"Tervetuloa" -- "Welcome" to Finland



Dear Family,

I am in Kaijani. It is a little town up in the middleish northish of Finland. It's cold here and it's a really small town. The branch here is like 15 members, I think... maybe less. I don't understand anything being said in Finnish. I get every 6th word maybe if they talk about the gospel. It sucks. I can't understand what anyone says because they talk so fast. I survived the jetlag with no problems. It is already pretty cold here. I haven't found a coat yet, but I will try to do so today on my P-Day. We usually have an hour if we are lucky for email time, but today its only 30 min again. We email from the library. I'm still trying to figure out how to get picture attachments. I'll try again next week. Not sure if we can.

"Tervetuloa" means welcome in Finnish. It's on a lot of the doors here so I picked up at least one word here. Umm, yeah so my companion is a little crazy or "kulu". He is just up and at em all day long. He is always smiling and super happy at the smallest of things. He keeps quoting scriptures, and that is a good thing. I am getting a lot of help with the language. I hope I can survive the next 6 weeks with trying to understand and learn Finnish.

My apartment is actually pretty nice...its quite roomy, I think. It has a bedroom, hallway, kitchen and bathroom and a familiy room all separate. Oh ....and a washing machine room. We have wood floors too.....even though I think they are fake. Well, I need to go. bye...

Trevor

PS...I'm trying to send a letter, you should tell me when you get it. Oh, its 1:30 pm my time and 4:00 am yours.

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad he made it safe and sound. He sounds good, just going through an adjustment stage. He is going to be a great missionary!!

    ReplyDelete