Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan. 3 A Teach and Elder Empey's Tooth

Family,

Ok, so to answer your questions first. Elder Empey and I don't really speak Finnish in the apartment, but we do do a little finglish and say the more fun or common words in Fnnish and then go back into English. I do agree it would be better if we did everything in Finnish, but it just takes a long time to explain everything. Finnish books are actually almost 1.5 times longer written out..... so its a little slow in Finnish. ....ya know. But I am hoping to speak a little more Finnish in the apartment as well as outside. Things are still going well with Elder Empey, we haven't had any disagreeements and are usually on the same page. The only thing that is hard is that he doesn't hear very well if I try to get his attention from behind. I think he gets in a zone and doesn't notice things like ELDER!! or EMPEY!! in a loud hissed voice. lol.

Hmm, Italy... that sounds nice when you come over. Too bad I don't know my French anymore/know any other language that would help in some other European countries. lol ....still though it sounds pretty exciting, I am looking forward to it.

The members here don't really give us any referrals.... actually not one this whole time except for one lady who lived and is living in Helsinki. The members just don't have any faith that their friends will accept the gospel, so they don't want to invite them to be taught. We are working with them though through the ward mission plan we just got put up this Sunday. So they should be inviting people to activities and church every month. Our goal is for about 15 a month. We, teach about 5 families for home teaching.

In the Missionary Newletter, I would like to hear from Kyle, Ryan, Andrew, and Andrew Higham if possible. It's great to hear about the others as well. I just sent you a SD card this week so you will have them soon. Change calls come this week. So we will see if I leave next week on tuesday. oh ho....I could probably stay though for another change.... no worries.

This week it was a little dead. We had like two days when we couldn't tract, and we were told to be inside for the evenings on the 31st and 1st. But still we found an older lady who wanted to investigate. She even read some from the B of M before our next appt which was the next day. Pretty sweet. Also, this lady is a painter and gave us two small paintings. I gave her the B of M with Jason's testimony and she was super thankful. That's about all the super cool news from this week.
love, Trev

Thanks for Kate's head measurements.

hugs.

PS. oh, ask Celeste about this.... Elder Empey got a large cavity filled and it has been really painful...after the fourth day it started. The pain starts because of temperature, but turns into a strong headache for about 5 min. and then goes away. Should he have it looked at again, or just wait until it stops hurting... we tried some tooth paste like sensodine to help, but its still hurting. It could be because it was really large. The doctor said if an invection occurs a root canal would be needed. ... let me know next week.. trev.

Sorry computer must be slow... and I need to go. Thanks for the email and I'll talk to you next week. Change call comes on Saturday, so maybe I'll email on a different day. love trev.

ps.. happy birthday Linda. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment