Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011 New city Kervava

Hey…. well it so happens that today we had lot of stuff going on. We actually had two da's but one was all of a sudden like 15min before. So my email will have to be short.
Thanks for having Celeste call Elder Empey... he was a little caught off guard when she was like “oh, you must be Trevor's companion.” (Celeste did not identify herself as Dr. Mortenson) lol. I would have recognized the number if I had had the phone. lol. Anyway, he is “toughing it out” when he eats hot foods.

Also update for you….. I am moving to Kerava this week. Elder Empey will be forwarding my letter from you, and so it’s all good with that. I'm sort of sad to leave, but glad to get a car now, plus FYI, I will be senior for the first time. lol.
Sorry I can't really write more because I'm out of time but I will make a tape and send it in the next week.
love you all and thanks for the update. trev.

Ooooops, just a little more time.
So yeah, I did get your Christmas card. It was pretty sweet and I will have to ask Emily about Jordan Benson being in her mission in my next letter to her.

Anyway, this past week went pretty well and pretty badly: First off, we had a lot of appointments set up because everyone didn't want to meet on Christmas week but later after the holidays. So we had like 8 appointments set up for the first three days, but all but two went through…. go figure. But still, we got in contact with “T” again. We had taught him earlier in December, but he missed an appointment or two. But this time, he seemed to really open up and let us know what he was looking for. It was a very powerful teach in which we were able to explain a lot about Christ's atonement, and how to access that. Not only that, but he promised to read and pray about the B of M and also he prayed at the end of the lesson. I don't know if that was a problem in your mission, Dad, but it usually is here. It’s almost like an indicator to see if they will actually follow through with our commitments. So besides that, we got in contact with a referral that we had received last summer. One of the members who gave it to us is setting up a teach with her. It will be a picture perfect appointment. Too bad I won't be there to see it. lol. But at least I could help set it all up, and get this girl to investigate. yay!

hmm, also this week. Elder Empey slipped and hurled his bike at a pole next to our apartment. He completely destroyed his light he just bought for it. lol. Bad luck. Anyway, all is good and I'm excited to see a new place, help more people know of Christ, and learn a lot. Also I am trying to cut down still on stuff that isn't necessary, due to it being awkward to transport. So I'm sending a package home economy style. It has my blanket and some papers that I wanted to make a book out of about my mission. If you could just take the stuff and put it in my closet I would appreciate it. love, Trev.

PS Tell Grandma Jan “happy birthday” for me. And your birthday gift is in the mail, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Linda, you have my son Brian's picture as the Last Companion - Elder Landon Empey - oops! Just thought I would let you know that! :)

    ReplyDelete