Monday, January 17, 2011

Jan 17 Kerava -- Week 1

Hey well, today we are emailing a little sooner because it fit with our schedule better. Sorry if we don't get to chat. But let’s see, I am really liking Kerava.
We have like 5 investigators….two or so are really slow though. So we are mainly working with the other three. The first person is “S”. He has had a baptismal date in the past and is just waiting for his answer of the Book of Mormon. It is sort of weird because he has done a lot to get his answer. I 'm starting to think that he has already gotten his answer, and so just need to help him see it. I’m thinking we can point out the influence it has already had on him….so we are hopeful a baptism will be coming soon to Kerava. The other investigators we have are a mother and a son. She is 40 yrs old and her son is 13yrs old. They have been sick this week and couldn't come to church even though they had planned on it, and they are still excited to meet with us.
Other than that ….I 'm pretty excited to be driving. Elder Baccile (that’s Italian) is so sick of driving, but I'm just loving it. I like my companion…. he is pretty chill and “bamf”. By the way, he is a convert of about 2-3 yrs. His grandparents introduced him to the gospel. Anyway, I like being senior comp, but I don't really feel any different. It just seems like I have a lot more responsibility, especially when members ask us to do ifffy stuff. I have to lay down the rules to them and be the bad guy. (We are assuming it things like going to the sauna which the missionaries can’t do anymore.) Most of the members are really nice though, and there are about 50 members in the church here. My city actually includes 5 small cities so it’s bigger than Savonlinna.
I haven’t talked to President Brown because I still haven't gotten my interview with him and won't until like 2 weeks. I thought it would be best to ask him then. But I could try in email this next week if it is needed. My leave date will be around the first week of July on a Thursday or Wednesday. It is 3 weeks before my entry date…. Sort of.
Um…. my bike got left in Savonlinna due to the really mean train conductor. He deliberately shut the door on me and the member while loading it. I even told him to hold the door. Instead, he pushed the member's hand out of the way and shut the door. WE were not late or delaying the train at all. He just was really mean to me.... so I'm shipping it in later. grrr....
Well, that’s about it for the week. Love Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment