Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Still in Savonlinna, but New Companion

Hey family,
Well obviously, I didn't email you on Monday. This is because we got a change call on Saturday. So on Monday night, Elder Slade realized he hadn't packed enough and so we missed emails. Then on Tuesday, Elder Slade and I ran to our train…. a little too late, but just barely made it. The run was terrible because of Elder S's 50 pound bag and the hill in between us and the train station. lol. So all of Tuesday, we were rushing around swapping companions and I even missed a bus. Luckily, it all worked out and I ended back up in Savonlinna before the end of the day with my new companion Elder Empey. He was in the MTC with the group before me so it’s like serving with someone my same age in the mission. Elder Slade went to Kerava by Helsinki. I like Elder Empey. There is a mission web site?


But the past week, has been an interesting one. We had a Zone conf. and that is always a treat. And then on Sunday, I was able to get a picture of the whole ward like you wanted.
Also I don't know if I told you… but, our baptismal candidate with whom we met with last Monday night. She ended up being married to a Lutheran pastor and he strait up forbade her to meet with us or from coming to church. I was a little surprised, because I thought that she would have told us something like that on our first meeting. Sooooo... long story short, she is no longer investigating, but promised she would ask her husband if we could meet with him and discuss the whole thing. I still haven't been able to get a hold of her, or anything so I'll let you know what the final result is when I know.

Elder Empey is a hard worker and we can totally keep the ball rolling here. Hopefully, the members will contribute more as the change goes on. To answer your questions ….I am going up to Oulu again where President Brown will deliver gifts in like two weeks. So if the post is on the ball I will probably get your package by then, and if not oh, well. I can get it some other way. But if you haven't sent it for some reason, send it to Savonlinna. I will be here till Jan. 10th I think.

Oh, and that sister missionary from Finland at temple square…. I have met her once before. She happened to be good friends with the missionaries and was a translator a couple of times for some meetings in Pietarsaari. Other than that, I don't really know her, but I did remember the face. Elder Slade won’t stay any longer than Jan. 13th. Well I need to go…. so love you all and miss you.

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment