Monday, August 9, 2010

Need Prayers for Savonlinna

Hey family,

Well, first of all, here is the weekly update of the missionary work. This week has gone really well. “E” our investigator has continued to progress. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and also even came to church. Which is huge!! I am pretty stoked. Anyways, this last week we have just been working with “E” as best we could. We taught her the plan of salvation and she was pretty interested, and at the end of that lesson, she had a whole different question about repentance. Also, she had some good questions about the gospel being preached, which she had gotten from her BoM reading this past week. So at this point, we are going to commit her to be baptized… tomorrow in fact. So far she has been like, when I find out its true… I'll be baptized, But tomorrow, we want to set a date for her. I would appreciate your prayers for her to accept the commitment. As for “P” our other investigator…WE aren’t really sure what is going on, but we are trying to meet with him. This Tuesday, we are going out to his house to see if he is even in town. Maybe he left on summer vacation without telling us or something. That’s about it though. So yeah… it’s a good week to be in Savonlinna.

Actually, this week has been really hot… 33° C or that’s 94°F for you Americans. And it’s been almost this hot for the past 3 weeks. Really…very un- normal for Finland. (Elder May said it was the coldest winter and hottest summer the Fins can remember.) I have some funny stories for you about Fins and the summer...but it should wait for a tape. lol. So my bike…I just got my old bike from Seinäjoki and am selling it soon. I am using and have bought Elder Behnke’s bike that was here in Savonlinna because it is better… sort of. (It has studded snow tires.) And I just had some left over money that I pulled out forever ago. That is why my account didn't read a pull out. And on that subject, Nathan actually has access to my account at the bank. He should be able to go in and ask them what is going on with my account. Go ahead and send the card to me, I will activate it and all that when I get a chance.

Oh, I almost forgot, I did get your letter… just today actually. It was really nice to get all the letters from the family. Thanks for that. I'm sure the picture of me “without mail” worked.
Hmm, so I also wanted to tell dad “good luck” with his broken fingers. I have been and am praying for him. Just tell him to keep his fingers straight so they can heal. One last thing from your email about getting a new car/keeping the Jetta..... You should wait at least till next summer to buy a new car. I need one when I get home you know. lol…. Sorry, I couldn't help but joke.

Well, I hope that this week goes well for all the family, and remember I'm praying for you all too. I miss and love you all.

Love, Trev

PS One thing I would like is a recipe for a certain pasta that mother would make. It has chicken and tomatoes and a whole bunch of spices, and the noodles with holes in them, short even. I can't remember what it is but it was really good. You made it for Emily once. (This is a pasta dish from Kris Monson that I make very frequently…ahhh, finely appreciated….)

PSS I looked at fishing poles and I found a telescoping one for 29-39 £. I don't know if that is very good or if it would be cheaper to have you send one. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment