Sunday, November 15, 2009

Santa Land at the Arctic Circle

Bro and Sister Call, a missionary couple, took all of the missionaries in the Finland Northern Area to visit Santa. They gave Santa a Book of Mormon as a district group. Here is the link for a video of Trevor's group at Santa Land and also links to Finnish Lapland.














Dear Family,

Hey, next week we will be on the computers for email at 11:30 am our time. So like 9 hours back for you…um, like 2:30 am your time. We have the computers reserved this time, so I should be there. I don’t know if emails are delayed. I guess we will find out. I don't expect you to get up in the middle of the night just to chat a little…but thanks for trying...

Sorry Mom, I didn't get the package from you yet. But, I’m sure it will arrive this week. Um yeah, I'm back in Kajaani, and it’s about the same--just whiter. The snow is here to stay. Last week in Oulu was nice because we had a car. Not that I drove. The other drivers were really slow. They don’t drive very fast here…not like me or dad. Elder Smith was nice and pretty easy going. He really loved his food and likes to cook. I am gaining weight like crazy. I am now 160 lbs and am trying to eat less so I can lose some of it. Yikes, I’m a fatty. I also gave a prayer in the Oulu ward and we got some service opportunities last week in Oulu. Elder Smith and I chopped wood for a while and moved some clay shingles for a member. We also raked leaves again just before it snowed.

We have about 6 good hours of daylight, but we are usually inside during that time. It’s lighter in the mornings, but we are studying during that time. It is usually overcast most of the time as well. I have not found a new coat, but I am doing great with what I have and I don't really need a coat just yet. So you don't need to send me a coat. I’m not using the blue coat…it just sits in my closet resting. lol. We don't have a CD player, just my Ipod player for music. No one here in our ward plays the violin and Elder Henderson does play 4 songs on the piano for church.. yup, we’re pretty good here on the music department. Um, I am working on a tape for you all and what not. So it should be coming in a week or so. Well, hei hei. Rakastan sinua, Trev

PS… For Christmas packages, don't send any candy...just letters, some tapes and pictures.







Finnish Missionaries...Trevor is in the grey suit on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment