Sunday, November 29, 2009

No "Turkey Day" for Me

Thanksgiving Dinner at our apartment

Dear Family,
Our week has been a little busy but good for the most part. I haven’t found a new winter coat yet. I’m waiting for the Christmas sales, and plus, everything in Kajaani is melting. So, it’s not cold here. Well, I still wear a jacket. It’s pretty much about 2 degrees Celsius. The sun comes up around 10 am and goes back down about 3 pm. Our days are pretty much the same every day. We study, do chores and go tracting. Yesterday, we went to a member’s house and had dinner. It was sort of like home, except I couldn't actually relax too much. There is one family that we know well enough. They are a family which has investigated for years. They have two daughters and a dog. They are quite kind and like to have us over. They don't either want to know or haven't tried to find out about the Book of Mormon. We are trying to work with them again. It is very funny here. Little kids come to the door undressed. I’m not sure why. This week, I tried to communicate in Finnish and I said “this way” instead of "on the back". It is very hard to get all the words in the correct form. Ok, so I can understand and talk with people for the most part. It just takes me some time. lol..

So, I could use some recipes from you and Arica. Something simple and easy to make would be nice. And I’d prefer something less fattening. I am trying to keep my weight down. We are being fed too much by the members. They always tell us to be a friend and take more.... guilt trip. Thanks for the recipes when they come and I will write a real letter to you. It will take too long here on email. My companion, Elder Henderson, and I are getting along great. We are really trying to work smarter and enjoy this city and the people. It is helpful for me as I’m trying to get used to the language and the mission.

Anyway, say “hi” to Laurie and the family for Thanksgiving.

Love, Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment