Monday, June 14, 2010

Going to Savonlinna - Transfers again!! 6/14/10







Savonlinna, Finland....means "Castle of Savonia" and was founded in 1639. It is in the Saimaa lake region. There are 27,726 people in the city.



Hey Family,

Yeah, so I didn't get mom's letter package yet. And it is change calls this week. IN fact I am going to Savonlinna. so I will get you the address when I get there. I am leaving tomorrow early in the morning. I've heard that in Savonlinna they have opera house and a lot of lakes. It's supposed to be really beautiful there so I will be taking some pictures. Hope you're happy, Mom! More pictures coming your way. Anyways I am going to have elder may send off my package there.

hmm, so a little bit about this week. It went really well, I was able to do a lot of work with elder may and also had district conference here last friday. On friday we did some mass trackting with everyone 10 missionaries... It was pretty sweet to have us all there doing missionary work together. so on monday we found a new investigator, K is his name, He is about like 40ish and divorced. He is a little slow on the progression, but he has started reading the book of mormon and a couple pamphlets we gave him. Which is really hard for some people to do. I'm not completely sure how much he really understands what it means that joseph smith is a true prophet( but I guess we will try to teach that more clearly and bluntly this next teach, its today.) Also that girl,K, that we were trying to meet with... we finally got her to meet us and teach her. She had a lot of questions about receiving revelation our first meeting, so we ended up teaching the whole lesson on just that this time. The best part is that she realizes that we eventually want her to get baptized and wants to meet with us so she can learn more. She is definately searching, I think she just doesn't realize it or see it. I have a feeling that she will definately get baptized in the future if she just tries some things we have taught her about receiving answers/revelation.

Lastly this sunday Elder may and I had a cool experience with a mother and her daughter. T age 45 or so and M 25ish. Sorry.... back up a little. So after I had packed and gotten dinner elder may and I went out tracting, even though we didn't feel like it.. We came to the planned area and met this lady who after a breif conversatoin told us all of her neighbors weren't interested. This was sort of a bummer, but we went to the first door we saw and started to knock doors. The first door opened up and T was there. We talked for a little bit of time about stuff and then asked to come in. She said yes and we went in. Upon ariving we asked her daughter to join us and we then asked them some questions about their religious background. Suprisingly the mother and the daughter opened up a lot and told us about some really big experiences. Such as seeing M's deceased father's spirit. At this point we taught them a little about the plan of salvation and relized that our time was up and set a return appointment. It was really amazing to just find two people ready to hear the gospel.
so yeah this week we got some new investigators and the fammine is over. I ll have to tell you more in a letter. lol.

Elder may and I have been doing a lot better this past week with our missionary work. We had a good week with each other. So I did write P this last week. I still have yet to hear back from him, but I think it should be soon. As for the festival in helsinki for the youth. I think he may be going. I know that a lot of the young single adults go there to find husbands and wives,but I really don't know too much about it. Thanks for the info.
I hope this week I was able to give you enough info.

Love, Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment