Monday, June 21, 2010

Elder Slade and 1st Week in Savonlinna

Elder May, Elder Bailey, Elder Henderson, Elder Christensen in Seinajoki before transfer...

Hey Family,
So.... um yeah, this week went pretty well. My new companion is Elder Slade and we actually do have some good things in common like both of us are from Cache Valley.... so we as you put it... we "hit the ground running" for our first week. Cool, I didn't know that you had already talked to Elder Slade's mother earlier last summer.

We started off on Wednesday doing some normal missionary activities here in Savonlinna. We found a guy on the street that seemed interested and got to go and teach him on Thursday. Only one problem, he was drunk as a skunk. So we told him that we would come back today when he wasn't drunk. I guess we'll see how this goes. Sadly, he might not be ready today. As for the rest of the investigators, there aren't many. There is an older lady who isn't really looking to be baptised. Her grandson just got cancer, and she is afraid that changing churches would shake up the family further.....sigh....I wish everyone could see that the gospel would make their lives better not worse.

Sorry I don't write faster ...oops write you more later.... sorry weird library here. ...grrr. I really only have time to write the family and Pres Brown an email every week so I mostly do letters to everyone else....I'll write more in a letter.

love you, Trev

2nd email sent later on Monday...

Ok, so I'm back. the emailing here in Savonlinna is a little weird becase they don't have reservable computers here, and they are only available for 15 minutes at a time. So... I am actually here at 5:00 pm trying to finish up.

Pendilino Train in Finland

So for the change this time, I actually had less stuff to move than what I had last time when I moved from Kajaani. One huge thing missing was my bike. Unfortunately, my bike is still in Seinäjoki because they wasn't a place for it on the train. When the office bought my ticket, they bought a "pendilino" where there aren't bike places. It would have been extra awkward. That and I really couldn't handle having a bike plus my baggage. I barely made it as it was ..let alone adding a bike. So... that means that Elder May is trying to sell my bike in Seinäjoki. I tried to do it myself before I left, but half of the bike shops were closed for holiday or something. That and no one would take it. grr... So I'm using/buying another missionary's bike from Savonlinna. Its not the best, but at least I can re-sell it when I leave. I am just going to say I hate using bikes on the mission. They cause so much problems. As for the typewriter, it fit nicely into my bag and so I had two big ones and a small carry on. It was still hard to move 3 bags though. The best thing would be to have just a big and a small or two big luggages.

So what I arranged to do with Emily is to have her write me emails like she was doing normally, and then I am writing back with snail mail. I usually do this with everyone that emails me. Not my favorite thing to do, but look at how much more email you get every time, Mom. lol It's practically what I just did in this last sitting. Also, Emily got her mission call... and she told me just that..... she didn't say where she was going. I guess she will write me a letter and let me know. I am dying to know. She said she told you, but didn't want you to spoil her surprise, so don't tell me.

Thanks for the emails and the packages ( the last one still has not come from Elder May....) ;) I'm sure it will. Until then, I will keep taking lots of pictures. Tell me about your trip to Lake Powell, eh? I would like to hear about how it went.
love you all, Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment