Monday, May 24, 2010

Rain and the Birthday Packages

Hey!
so lets start off with Arica....Hey Arica, it's Trev. I wanted to wish you a "happy birthday". I promise I didn't forget it at all. I even have been searching for something to send you that you would actually like, but after a month I still haven't found anything. You are so hard to shop for especially because clothes are out of the picture now. Anyways Happy Birthday, I hope you enjoyed the festivities and all of your presents. Hmm, 24. thats pretty young still..:) I guess I better say that because before ya know it I'll be there myself. Anyways, I am still going to try and get something off to you, but it just might be a week or two late.... so it'll get there when it does.

So I got my birthday package this week....Tuesday in fact. It came pretty fast in my opinion. I wanted to thank you for all the gifts and other things in there.... such as the recipies I asked for and also the shirt and tie. I've already worn the tie, but it started to rain this weekend so no more short sleeves. Oh, funny thing. The CO alarm was a great gift. It was super thoughtful, and I even set it all up. the only thing is.. that in finland there aren't really any fire powered heating systems, unless you have a really old house. Its all industrially heated outside of town and then piped in. crazy huh?... but still it could come in handy if I burn something on the stove.:) Um, yeah also I got some american stamps in the box... I think you may have acidentally got those in..or did you actually have a specific purpose for them?

Elder May on the driving range...1st time golfing!!
Hmm, yeah so golfing last week was pretty fun. We went with Veli L (branch pres) to the private golf course and spent a couple of hours there. We ended up just doing some driving range, and then two rounds of a three holes three par courses. like 100 yrds average. I did pretty terrible because I topped every single driving shot. But after that, I played fairly well.(double bogey 5 strokes). I made sure that I taught Elder May how to play golf and then helped him with his swing as best as I could. It was his first time so it was a little hard for him to get it to move straight or far. ....but all the same we had fun. Brother L was a little surprised that I actually knew how to play. ...so that was a really fun experience.

This week we, unfortunately, have not been able to find anyone. We tried and tried, but still no one would meet with us. The Japanese girl that we had a meeting with even cancelled. Luckily, we got another meeting set up for later today, but she won't actually be an investigator because she is moving back to Japan at the weeks end.

Wow, I can not beleive that Kate is talking so well so early in her developement. Its too bad I can't really hear her on the tape though. I sort of got some little puffs of air from her breathing and a couple of dropped microphone sounds. lol. all the same it was way cool to have her on the tape recording. I'm glad Celeste and Kate liked the bracelet I sent Kate for her birthday.

Last bit of information about this week. I ended up buying an old typewriter at one of the flee markets for like 3 £. So I've been playing around with it in any free time and also using it for letters to my friends. I told grandma I used her money for my birthday gift to buy it, just fyi. I actually don't need anything at the moment, but I know you are trying to send off another package with the stuff you missed in the last package. Such as the sd card converter, and the burned cd woul be nice too. I 've been waiting for the converter so I can send you some more pictures from the past little while. Also I would like to get a testimony from you so that I can put it in the Book of Mormon you sent. I was a little surprised not to find it. lol. (Whoops, mom forgot to put it in....)

As for me and Elder May, we have been working on our companionship, and it has been going well. We are definately getting to know each other better and working better together to listen to the Spirit. We are both going to try and have more "Bradshaw" in our companionship and keep things fun. (Elder Bradshaw was Trev's former companion that was "wild and crazy" and made tracting/missionary work "fun".)

Elder Bradshaw and Trevor with their Missionary Warrior Masks (made from the bottom of Elder Bradshaws old suit pants) and "Mission Power" Rings

Well um, I'll talk to you next week. Thankyou all for your prayers and thoughts. I miss you all.
love Trev

PS... tell Steven "good luck" with Missy and to go right over if she calls him if she "gets scared". Jill told me about a little test that Missy likes to try on the boys she dates.....lol. (maybe Steven needs to get the whole story from Trevor....lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment