Monday, April 26, 2010

One more week



Hey Fam,
lets see.. the planes don't seem to be too delayed because of iceland's volcano thing. I think they are just being extra precautious and telling everyone that mail could be delayed. Elder May just got a letter from someone in America, so I wouldn't worry about it. Thanks for remembering to send my birthday gift...... i'll be sure to look for it.
That sounds great for the Mother's Day calls and everything, 5-6 will work for me and it should work out for Elder May as well.


Language school was good. It was just one day, but it went really fast. We ended up using a couple of hours discussing how we were learning the language and what helped us to learn it faster. I got some good ideas like mimicking the members at church, and thinking in my head in Finnish so that I didn't have to rely on translating all the time. I actually didn't get to go to the temple with Elder May.... they changed the way language school works since I got in the mission. So I went to my language school while he went to the temple with other elders' companions. Hopefully, I will get to go sometime in the future. I hear so many cool things about the temple here from other elders, sort of sad that I haven't gone yet.
Exercising in their apartment!!
Weather is good its finally sunny, but sometimes still quite windy. How's the weather in Logan? Is the snow all gone there too? The investigators.... well 'J' is still having troubles meeting with us. I'm not quite sure why, but I think its just because we are new missionaries and he doesn't have that friendly relatioship with us yet. Oh and he is back from Spain, and has been since 2 weeks ago, apparently he has been busy or something. Our other investigators have been let go.... the young couple wasn't too interested this past week when we taught them...they wouldn't do anything like even pray. Maybe they will start to search for answers later in life, but for now they aren't progressing. We do still have that old lady as an investigator. She is also hard to get ahold of, but has been reading and praying about the BOM. We are hoping to meet again this week with her.

Its good to hear from you, and especially about Kate and Garrett. I love you all.
Trev
P.S. I'm planing to send a b-day gift to Jason. I hope it gets there in time....

No comments:

Post a Comment