Sunday, April 11, 2010

General Conf in Kokkola + New Investigators


Ok, so this week has been quite interesting like I said it would be. At first, this week was really slow. We knocked doors and were on the streets quite a bit because there weren't very many investigators who were available. On Wednesday, we had splits with Elders Jones and his companion. We did a lot of tracting while they were here and ended up teaching a whole lot. We got let in, about two times. One was an old investigator who agreed to start hearing the lessons again. Then we were able to teach a less active member. We also had another teaching appointment later in the day. If you add Elder May's finds, all in all, we found quite a few people to teach (7). Hopefully, they will all keep their next appointments and continue to meet with us. Friday afternoon, we went up to Kokkola for General Conference. It was pretty nice to be there with some of the other missionaries and to be able to just hear from our prophet and other leaders. Unfortuantely, we weren't able to do much other missionary work once we got into Kokkola because we only had time for meals in between. Altogether, it has been a great week and I really enjoyed watching conference. In Kokkola, there is a chapel but not a stake center.
I didn't get your package yet but I'm sure it will arrive soon. Also I sent off some pictures just this last week.

Elder May and I are doing well. Thank you for your reassurance that I am in the right place. Sometimes, it definitely doesn't feel like it, but deep down I know it to be true. Thank you for prayers and support. Pray for our investigators. Well I should go.. thanks again and I love you all. Hope you all had a great spring break.
Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment