Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Uutta vuotta" ---What? Is this "Happy New Year"?

Dear Dad,

Ok I am going to try and answer some of your questions right below where they are asked like I do with mom. This way I can remember all of what you asked. lol I forget things so quickly.
I thought it was really quite funny that grandpa didn't have anything backed up on his computer. But that must have been a fun process to pick out which files he needed. So now that grandpa has an ipod, do you think he will use it or will he just have it sit around.... I think you may need to get him some music via jump stick or something so he will use his ipod. Thats probably the reason I didn't use my ipod as much as I would have. It took me so long to get music onto it.

hmm, so Park city must have been quite fun!! I would have loved to go... also we just got like 5 inches of new fluffy powder in Kajaani just yesterday. Too bad we aren't allowed to go skiing on the mission. I did make it back from the Christmas dinner with the Kovanens. It was really nice of them to invite us over, and I have already thanked them quite a bit... but I will try to get you their address or email address so you can thank them yourselves.

That new years eve party sounds like it will be a really fun thing! I'm sure Jason will like having his friends over in that new bonus room. I remember how nice it was to have a place for my friends to go so we could do what we wanted without bothering the family. Also, I wanted to thank you for going over our family conversation that we had with Emily...I'm sure she liked that a lot. And also, thanks for trying so hard to get her in on the line even if it was just for 8 or so minutes. It was nice to be able to talk to her. Thanks for being so nice to her for me.

Well, news update really quick.... the rest of the week went fairly ok. After Christmas, we took the next day to deep clean and organize the appartment. We also ended up going to a rest home for handicaped people and singing for a couple of the people there. That was probably our only service that we have done for a couple of weeks actually, so that was nice. This Sunday, we had a neat sacrament meeting. We had our branch president bless his newborn son, as well as our Christmas oriented program thingy. I ended up singing in the makeshift choir "Oh Holy Night" and "I Am a Child of God". Then after that, we went to a little dinner party that we were forced into going to...and then the rest is boring...

And ...now here I am. So I want to wish you a "Uutta vuotta" and an awesome party. Have a good week and tell Jason to have fun. (Carol, I tried to look up these words, but I'm not sure if Trevor used them correctly...translation please!)

Terveisin,
Trevor

1 comment:

  1. From Carol:
    Uutta Vuotta literally means New Year. Hyvää Uutta Vuotta means Happy New Year (prounounced who..va (the a sounds like the a in cat)
    Uutta:pronounced U is like the u in
    you without the y sound ta is like the word touch without the
    ch .... ta
    Vuotta:pronounced v ..u...ah ...t..t...ah. The double letters are more emphasized than single letters.

    Kajaani is prounounced: Kah yah knee.
    Finnish is very phonetic if you know how the individual letters are prounounced and combination of letters.
    Thanks, Carol, for the mini-Finnish lesson.

    ReplyDelete