Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Book of Mormon and the "Spirit"

Dear Mother,
Well, this week has been quite busy...lots of investigator stuff to do. We have an investigator that is quite interested. Her name is T and she has been looking for the right church for some time, and she also told us she has had a spiritual experience after meeting us the first time. Here is the story. So we taught her at her door tracting, for maybe 15 min. Then she told us to away, and we did. She told us that after she shut the door, the Spirit hit her and she felt really bad that she told us to go away and she almost went to go get us back. But she didn't. Then later the next week, Elder Henderson contacted her with another missionary on splits and ended up giving her a BOM and asked her to call us back in a week. She did call and she had read about 100 pages already. She really likes the BOM, and we have taught her twice (2 discussions) and she has come to church to see if it is the correct church. That's about it so far. We have a teach this coming Tuesday with her and we hope we can commit her to baptism. We have some other investigators, but that's probably the most exciting one.

Oh nooo... I didn't think that the tape would go through a machine thingy in the mail. I will try to make another one. but that last one took me a couple of weeks. so it may be a little bit... maybe a New Years gift. Thanks for all your prayers and lovely imaginary gifts...lol. I really appreciate your support and love while I am up here in the North. Btw, how are things coming at home. I forgot the number that you need to call me at for Christmas... that and I don't know when my call time is allowed. But I am going to send it to you in a letter and also in a email next week. That way you can know how to call me. Rakastan teitä kaikki ja toivotan että te olette onnellisia tätä joulua.

Rakaudella,
Vanhin Christensen

PS I'm sending the Christmas gifts off today!!!!! Hope you all like them. Trevor.

Website for St. Lucia Day...a Scandinavian Christmas celebration...very interesting to see inside their church and see the program.
http://svtplay.se/t/123386/luciafirande_i_svt

3 comments:

  1. Rakastan (I love) teita (you) kaikki (all) ja (and) toivotan (hope) etta (that) te (you)olette (are) onnellisia (happy) tata (this) joulua (Christmas).

    Rakaudella (love to you)

    Elder C is really doing well with the language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol. It is so nice to have such a lovely and sweet interpreter. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see our little Trevor serving on his mission! He's such a terrific kid. This blog is a great idea for sharing.

    ReplyDelete