Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Tunto määr Henki"---Feeling the Spirit

Hey um... I just wrote everything in my letter to you. So I'm going to try and tell you something new, but it may just end up being the same thing. I feel like there really is nothing to tell you because life is always the same here. day after day. I swear its been 3 months already when I am only at 1/3 of the way through the MTC.

Yeah, my spelling has always been terrible. However, Finnish is completely phonetic, so I sometimes catch myself spelling things really weird. So that is why Emily always makes fun of my spelling in letters and such. Last Sunday was nice. I had the opportunity to really feel the spirit in sacrament meeting. But best of all , I listened to a talk on prayer and how our heavenly father wants to hear from us, how he cares about us and the desires of our hearts, especially when they are trodden down or desiring righteous things. I was very grateful to be able to feel the spirit there.

I am doing ok with Finnish, but am having a very hard time getting my vocabulary words to stick. I forget like 30 of my 120 words every day, and I have to spend hours a day trying to come up with mnemonics or some way of remembering them. If you have any suggestions, I would like to hear them. Did you know that there isn't a "sir" or "mame" or "please" in Finnish? Its like you can't offend anyone. Weird.

Off subject... but I wanted you to know that I love you and that you are a great support to me. I can't imagine how hard it is at home without help and you being so busy at work. I hope you can find the time to get all of your stuff done. Also, have a good time in Park City with Dad. I'm sure you will. Its always nice to get away and not have to think about anything. Where in Park City are you going to stay? Are you taking Jason with you? When does Jason start school?

Please pass along my love and well wishes to the rest of the family. Oh yeah, one more thing, keep me updated on small stuff. and I will try to tell you as much as I can.

Love Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment