Monday, February 21, 2011

2/21/11 Chocolate Factory and New Companion

Hey family,

I am emailing earier again this week due to us doing a little traveling and Elder Baccile wanted to get a hair cut from this lady in Espoo. So we are down in Espoo at the moment. Yay my first Finnish hair cut. So, I told president in my email about having you pick me up, but I don't know if he actually got the message because he didn't respond that it was taken care of. I guess I'll check with him next time I can. Its not soo urgent to let him know, just 3 months in advance so they don't buy the ticket. Um, and yes you heard right from the your friends, there is the dinner the night before as well as a testimony meeting/president teach time on life and everything. President Brown is leaving like the next day after us/picking up the new president... Oh, and did you get my classes all picked out then? or is that in May? Could you run those plans by me before you do all of that? I'd like to be in the loop with it all, and know what classes I'm going to be in.

So this week.... I don't really remember what all happened. My mind is kind of fuzzy. But so far like I probably said last week, a young less active is coming back to church and it's great. She and her less active mother both are coming....thats two!!! "S" is still going strong, and this past week we took him to a member's home to run through the lessons again. He told us that he really likes being with the members because they respect his decision to be baptised and his standards. He has been having some of his friends not really be accepting. From what I noticed, it's sort of like him being able to get a fresh breath of air and not having to worry about his friends judging him. So... he is good. We are planning on going bowling with him today, so that should be fun too.

Um, did I tell you this last week? On monday we went to the Fazer chocolate factory. The tour itself was a bit dull, but I was glad to have a shot at the all you can eat chocolate bar and then buy some discount chocolate. I thought it was a good valentines day activity. Also Elder Baccile got a change call this Saturday. He is going to Pietarsaari. And I 'm gettting Elder Pace as my new companion. I hear he is really quiet. At least, I've heard he's chill.

Also our investigator, "P" is doing well. We learned that he quit cold turkey last monday with tobacco, and two weeks before that alcohol, and all the other word of wisdom stuff too. Now that is really good progress. Hmm, what else..... Today after our haircuts we are going to see the temple! Its closed every Monday, and we haven't had a good week to go to it on like wed. or something. So we figured it would be a good chance to at least get some pictures. Next change I could probably plan a Wed P-day and go. Well if you happen to be on at midnight you can ask me some q's love, Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment